Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Writing for Strangers

One of the things I learned at The Writers Union workshop was that if you are a blogger and you want your work to become popular you should be writing on topics that would be interesting to strangers. That's an interesting concept and it has caused me to ask myself just who have I been writing for and what the intent of this blog is.

After giving it some thought and reading my profile I've come to realize that I've been writing to please myself and if people find it interesting then that is an added bonus. Many of my friends have said they enjoy reading my posts because it's a great way for them to keep up with what is going on in my life. I really enjoy getting emails or hearing from a friend how one of my posts has inspired them to take action or do something that will make their life better.

The workshop really focused on how to promote yourself as an author, how to get your work out there and establish a reputation in the field. It is certainly my intent to set up a website for self promotion but I'm now working on how to meld my new business venture, a niche market greeting card company, with my book and other pieces of fiction that I intend to finish. When you combine those two things, this blog under my pen name and the writing and speaking that I do professionally as Susan Greig, most of which is related to special needs children, pediatric bereavement and grief and the philosophy of family centred care, I certainly will have to put my little grey cells to work on how to create myself into a "brand".

For the time being everything will stay as it has been and I will continue writing Wilde Tide for myself and for those of you who enjoy reading my ramblings.


Salynne/Susan

2 comments:

  1. Yup...your fans (me being one of them) enjoy reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 选择我们是您的慧眼如炬,而我们也同样不会让您失望!拥有数十年经营海外华人留学生论文代写专业的机构,旗下拥有英国、澳洲等众多国家的专业写手,他们都是我们精心筛选出来的精英中的精英,对于众多的论文格式,论文题目都有高深的写作造诣,在我们这里写作的客户满意回馈度已经达到了98.7%,超过行业标准!所以您还犹豫什么?即刻拿起手机扫码添加,马上享受高质量的学术论文代写或Assignment代写服务! https://www.essaysbest.com/category/dai-xie-bo-ke/

    ReplyDelete