Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Poetry - Fifty Years Gone

Insomnia strikes me from time to time and last month was no exception. During these times I sometimes don't remember what I write and like today, I come across a file and wonder how it got there. The following was obviously inspired by my in-laws approaching 50th wedding anniversary, which was beautiful, by the way.

Fifty years gone
Promises and vows of long ago
Not remembered but lived
Youthful dreams relinquished
Family grows and pales
Youthful vigor slides away
Leaving only fraility
And two hearts sitting close
Moving to and fro on their own
But on the same path
Till death do us part


Salynne ©2010

1 comment:

  1. I must have missed commenting on this one..."Happy belated 50th anniversary" to Bruce's parents..your in-laws. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete