Monday, April 25, 2011

A Poem for The Closet Writers Writing Group

Two weeks ago I came back to my office at the hospital and found an envelope marked personal.  Inside I found messages from all of the members of our Closet Writers writing group letting me know that they had missed me and hoped that I would be able to attend more frequently.  I appreciated the thoughtfulness and decided to reply with a poem. 

The Closet Writers

A group that meets each Wednesday during the week
We do free-writing
That really inspires and helps technique

I've not been with my scribbler friends though the call is strong
I've let work get in the way
Even though it's where I know I belong

In my office last week a message I did receive
That let me know this friendly group
My absence they did so very grieve

My presence there each week was clearly missed
And their words brought a smile
At their reminders put down with pen & wrist

I need to put aside my work issues and cares
Come back and join the group
And fill up my empty chair

Thank you friends for your very kind report
My writing soul was warmed
And touched deeply by all of your support.

Salynne/Susan ©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment