Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Read Everything-Books, Books, & More Books

As a writer I've always believed that you should also be an avid reader. Today that was confirmed. YouTube is a rich resource for writers; there are plenty of "how to" videos and this one by Claire Cooke, author of several novels, including Must Love Dogs supports that view.


When it comes to my own reading I fluctuate between more serious novels and what I call mindless distraction literature--mostly chick lit of some kind.
So I'll start with a list of my all-time Favorite Novels:

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer/Annie Barrows
A Year in Provence (also Toujours Provence) - Peter Mayle
Persuasion - Jane Austen
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
Brother Cadfael Mysteries (I love them all!)
Madeline - Ludwig Bemelman's
The Tea House on Mulberry Street-Sharon Owens
The Girl with the Pearl Earring-Tracy Chevalier

Recently Read or Reading:
Letters from Yellowstone (fast becoming a favorite)
Sundays at Tiffany's-James Patterson
Hot to Trot-Lou Wakefield
The Pilots Wife-Anita Shreve
The Kite Runner-Kahled Hosseini
Rachael's Holiday-Marian Keyes

Looking Forward to Reading:

Girl in Hyacinth Blue-Susan Vreeland
Me & Mr. Darcy-Alexandra Potter
Five Quarters of the Orange-Joanne Harris
The Handyman-Linda Nichols
The Time Traveler's Wife-Audrey Niffenegger
What are you reading?
Salynne©2009

1 comment:

  1. Well I am about half way through a fabulous book that I am currently reading..:)which is a huge feat for me...I hope to one day develop a avid love for reading...working on it..:)

    ReplyDelete