Thursday, November 12, 2009

The New York Narrative - Bucket List Accomplishments

Last year one of Keeley's class assignments was to create a Bucket List. For those of you who have not been introduced to the 2007 Movie of the same name it is list of things that you want to do before you "kick the bucket". Keeley's list surpassed the suggested 100 and she seemed to have a really good time creating her list of life goals. Since I'm a confirmed list maker/lover I decided that it was something that I wanted to do too. Always the over-achiever, I ended up with 230 items recorded and more than likely that will continue to grow. This trip allowed both of us to accomplish a number of items on our lists.

Sunday evening after our Central Park sojourn, our shopping excursion on 5th and Madison Avenues, a walk through Grand Central Station and a lovely Thai dinner we made our way to Rockefeller Centre.


Skating on the ice rink provided Keeley a chance to knock off one of her items, skating on an outdoor rink at night. It's on my list too but I decided not to skate; we figured out that we had walked over sixty blocks so in deference to my weak and wobbly feeling legs I decided that I'd wait to fulfill that dream at another place & time. The last thing I figured I needed was to injure myself on the ice and end up with a huge medical bill! Keeley, Son and DIL had a great time using their younger legs to skate around the famous venue all the while enjoying the interesting "characters" on the ice. BFF and I had a blast watching them all. (Photos by SC)


Some of the things I accomplished on this trip are:

Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Buy a silver tiffany ring or necklace from NY Tiffany & Co
Play in a pile of Fall Leaves-Completed in NYC Central Park
Go to a Jane Austen Event-This was a completely unexpected and unplanned event! (for which I'll provide more detail later)

Keeley accomplished:

Skate on an outdoor rink at night
Get Dressed up and have Breakfast at Tiffany's


We had awesome experiences visiting New York but I have to say that both of us have an added sense of accomplishment in that what we did made it possible to cross off some of our life goals. As for me, four objectives down, only 226 to go.




Salynne ©2009

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...a bucket list..I don't have one. Perhaps its time I put one together..food for thought. I don't even know what I would put on that list...The only goal I would like to do right now is to see more of Europe. Oh and today was the day (Nov 12) the 30s were a thing of the past as I turned the BIG 40! Man, time is sure flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I look forward to reading your blogs as I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete