Saturday, November 7, 2009

The New York Narrative - Great Food

After we all arrived home from our busy day, Keeley, BFF and I walked up to Broadway and 101 Ave. to try out a fabulous little restaurant called PiCNiC Market & Cafe. I won`t wax lyrical about the food but this Alsatian Restaurant is a place you should try if you enjoy French food.

http://www.picnicmarket.com/

It was Friday night and the entire joint was filled with people who were speaking french; that was enough to tell me that the food was going to be great! I had steak au poivre with pomme frite although I nearly died when the waitress asked if I wanted catsup. I screamed out "NO! No! No!" in my best french accent making the guests at the table next to us smile. They nodded their approval but I guess some things never change in the US.

The staff accomodated Keeley`s request for the delicious looking gruyere macaroni & cheese in their take out section and my BFF had a very traditional Coq au Vin. We also splurged on desert enjoying bread pudding, creme brulee, and chocolat fondant which was essentially a decadent volcano cake.

It was a beautiful warm evening but I think I would be remiss if I didn't say that we all "rolled" rather than strolled up the block toward home.


Salynne ©2009

1 comment: