Thursday, May 14, 2009

A New Book - Diary of a Wedding Planner

You're probably wondering where I've gone. Several pictures will give you an idea. As
You'd think it would be a glamourous job but its been a little...

...to say the least-we're organized & don't have much to do for the actual wedding but its the people you have to deal with! And now to make everything worse I'm...

Yes..sick as a dog. And today I have to clean house & get everything ready for the rehearsal dinner tomorrow.
He may not be my biological son but when ya love someone you want the best for them...but there is a very big part of me that just wants this over.
I have written a little each day however I have not posted it. There is so much advice out there for future authors about writing what you know so I decided that I would start on a new book. It will be similar to the nanny diaries only this will be from a former wedding planners perspective when she puts aside her new career in healthcare to come out of retirement to help plan her son's wedding! The characters will be similar to to those in my own real life...a son who who wants the big dream wedding and the simple country girl who would would rather have a barbeque in the backyard. My son & future daughter-in-law have done what I've told them to do and really have nothing to do this week (most of our stress comes from everyone being sick & relationship issues with other people) but the couple in the book will have a chaotic engagement.
I'll tie in some of the memorable moments from my eighteen years of wedding planning before I "retired"--there is nothing more terrifying for a wedding planner than having a mother of groom dressed in a bright royal blue sequined dress with a blue sequined hat adorned with feathers bearing down on you because she is unhappy-oh and by the way my dress NOT blue; I will never, ever wear royal blue to a wedding. There was the mother who called me the morning of the wedding to tell me and the bride that she would not let her husband, the brides step-father, drive in the limo with the wedding party. She did not like the fact that all of the girls in the party were young and pretty which made her feel old & frumpy. There was the groom that nearly fainted during his vows, the couple who only wanted to pick out their clothes, the band, leave everything else to me and show up at the wedding (that one was fun!), and the little flowergirl who peed herself while walking down the aisle. Last but not least I have to include the life-changing moment when a bride sat with me bawling her head off because the colour of the napkin did not exactly match the colour of her invitation. That was the moment when I looked around and asked myself if there was possibly something more important that I could be doing with my life.
Caio!
Salynne

1 comment:

  1. Although it was stressful for you, you did an incredibly excellent job as the wedding planner!! On behalf of the family, a big THANKS for your huge important role in making the day a success filled with many fond memories!!

    ReplyDelete