Saturday, May 2, 2009

Who Am I?

Some of you may have read my profile, curious to know this person behind Wilde Tide. Who am I? It's a question I ask myself often but there can be no ready reply. Who am I is an eternal evolving question for which there is never a static answer. What was true yesterday is not true today, what is true today will not be true tomorrow.

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last year and when we sat down to plan the event someone asked if we were going to have the same theme as our wedding. The thought abhorred me. Why would I try to capture the essence of that one day in my life when the me who is now is made up of everything that happened in the 9,125 days in between? We chose a theme that represented us at that time and invited all of the people who made up the vivid multi-colored pallet of the twenty-five years we shared together.

Every day of every year of my life has brought change and every day I become someone different. Today, May 3, 2009, I am:

46 years old, a woman, a wife, a lover, a mother, a mother of a teenager, a daughter, an aunt, a daughter-in-law, a bereaved parent, a person of Metis Heritage (both French and Aboriginal) and good German stock (as my father would say), a healthcare professional, an entrepeneur, a writer, an author, a avid reader, an artist, a painter, a photographer, a sketcher, a sculpturer, a Christian, a friend, an antique lover, a home renovator, a decorator, a sexual abuse survivor, a music lover, a dancer (especially when no one is home & the curtains are closed), a Jane Austen fan, a gardener, a weekend chef, a reluctant housekeeper, a lover of all things lavender, a lover of France, a Provence-aholic, etc, etc.

Oh yes and I forgot. I am: a blogger. This role is new to me as of yesteday. April 30, 2009 I was not a blogger, yet the next day I was, and will be for however long this path leads in a direction I want to go.


Looking at my list for today I notice some of the things listed are inherant, others I have chosen to be. Of all of my choices there is one thing that has characterized me for the majority of my life--it is the simple truth that since I was eight years old I am and see myself as a writer. Today and for the days to come this is the one constant side of me that I wish to share with all of you.

SaLynne

No comments:

Post a Comment